WRONGFUL DEATH LAWYERS
WRONGFUL DEATH LAWYERS
Speak With A Wrongful Death Lawyer Today!
Wrongful death is defined as an individual or a loved one losing their life as a result of unethical behavior, carelessness or negligence of another. When this has occurred, a wrongful death claim can be filed by the individuals family against the negligent party, to seek medical and funeral expenses, loss of income and retirement benefits, loss of parental companionship, loss of services, and punitive damages.
Filing Wrongful Death Claims
The financial and emotional hardships that follow an unexpected loss of a loved one that was caused by the carelessness or negligence of another can be devastating.
In Florida, the statute of limitations for a wrongful death case is two years. Therefore, it is imperative to seek the counsel of an experienced Wrongful Death Attorney in West Palm Beach. Attorney David I. Shiner and his team will guild you through the hurdles and recover the maximum financial compensation you are entitled to under Florida Law.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Claims
When filing and negotiating a complicated wrongful death claim, the benefit of having experienced legal representation is essential. Our attorneys understand the laws governing the underlying cause of injury.
Here are current wrongful death lawsuits we handle:
- Car and Auto accidents, including trucks, tractor-trailers, motorcycles, pedestrians, and busses
- Construction accidents
- Firearm injuries
- Injuries sustained in the workplace
- Defective products or components
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Drug and alcohol-related accidents
- Premises or Property-related injuries with hazardous conditions
- Negligent security
Wrongful Death Claims Process
The legal proceedings involved in a wrongful death lawsuit usually occur outside of the courtroom, where supporting documents are meticulously researched and crafted to include the essential elements that determine if a suit is significantly weakened or dismissed.
The following are stages of the wrongful death claims process:
- Pre-trial legal research and documentation
- Pre-lawsuit negotiations with insurance companies
- Wrongful death lawsuit commencement
- Discovery process, including requests for interrogatories, admission, depositions, and requests for production of documents
- Handling motions for summary judgment
- Trial preparation
Our seasoned team of attorneys are prepared to assist in the following ways:
- Investigating the claim
- Navigate the tactics employed by insurance companies
- Consulting with experts in relevant fields
- Effective client communication
- Estimate the value of your claim
- Determine and secure the appropriate defendants
Initiating The Wrongful Death Process
Under Florida’s Wrongful Death Act, there are two types of plaintiffs who can commence a wrongful death lawsuit: his or her surviving family members or the descendant’s estate
A plaintiff may be entitled as both a survivor or beneficiary of the estate. The types and amount of compensation available to the survivors are much more significant than damages recoverable through the estate. Survivor benefits essentially compensate the family members for their losses suffered due to the death of a loved one. Survivors may seek the following categories in a wrongful death claim:
- Mental and Emotional pain and suffering
- Lost of support and protection
- Lost of support and services
- Childs loss of companionship, instruction, and guidance
- Medical bills, burial expenses, and funeral costs *If paid by a survivor.
Wrongful Death Recovery
Attorney David I. Shiner has represented wrongful death victims and their families in the West Palm Beach community for 16 years, recovering millions of dollars and has developed the legal acumen to litigate across the full spectrum of wrongful death claims arising from incidents of negligence.
Searching For A West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
With years’ experience representing personal injury victims and their families in West Palm Beach, Florida, our law office has a proven results-driven approach to overcoming insurance companies’ tactics and getting you the most money our clients deserve. Did you search for a West Palm Beach wrongful death lawyer near me, if so, look no further – at the Shiner Law Group our experienced trial attorneys know how to handle your personal injury case.
At the Shiner Law Group our personal injury attorneys will provide a free consultation to discuss your case with you and will spend the time you deserve to answer your questions related to your accident. Our clients have told us that when they searched for a wrongful death lawyer the law firm of Shiner Law Group is at the top of the list and our attorneys want to keep up our reputation.
If you or a loved one is hurt and are searching for an injury using the term lawyer near me, and you found our law firm, then you are like several of our clients – all Now. Call a West Palm Beach injury law firm now to discuss your issues immediately and ask to speak with David Shiner today. Give Shiner Law Group a call today!